Performs landscape maintenance contributing to the appearance and upkeep of school grounds, primarily focused on internal campus around school buildings. Sub for custodial needs due to illness or vacation.
Works under the supervision of the Facilities Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
This position will work outdoors using mowing and gardening equipment. Physical effort may be required to safely lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
This position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all tasks found in positions of this classification:
1. Maintain lawns within the boundaries of the internal campus, including, mowing, edging, fertilizing, and watering, excluding athletic fields (service area map, attached)
2. Blow, rake, and remove all leaves during the seasonal periods that this work is required
3. Maintain flower beds and bark beds throughout campus
4. Trim and maintain bushes and shrubs throughout campus
5. Pick up trash when seen around campus and dispose of appropriately
6. Collect trash from trash cans/bins in the parking lot and dispose of appropriately
7. Safely operate all landscape equipment, gas or electric powered, and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
8. Snow/ice removal of sidewalks to maintain a safe campus
9. Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. A minimum of six months of landscape experience.
2. Knowledge of safe (PPE) and appropriate use of equipment such as tools, materials, supplies and chemicals required for landscaping.
3. Ability to identify hazards and is familiar with safety regulations.
4. Ability to safely perform a full range of landscaping duties using hand and power tool equipment.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
7. Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, in a faith-based environment.