World Language Department: French
Head Pétanque Coach
Marist staff member since 1999
My younger brother and sister, Isaac and Aliza, attended Marist when Fr. Vincent Lopez was the principal. As I was finishing my master's degree I occasionally subbed at Marist beginning in 1998. I began teaching at Marist in 1999 and have loved the community, my fellow staff, the parents and the great students.
For me, the best thing about Marist is the retreat program. I enjoy getting to share my faith and seeing God's love transform young hearts and minds as they experience Christ's tangible presence in their classmates and in their community here at Marist. I have previously been a girls soccer coach (5 years), a boys golf coach, (10 years), and am currently the Pétanque coach. One of my life's aspirations is to represent the United States in the World Championship of Pétanque.
My wife Stacey and I met and fell in love at Marist. At the time she was a Latin teacher. We both started on staff at Marist in 1999. We were married in Rome, Italy on a spring break trip with Marist students and parents in 2001.
College Now Certified
- French 3 - LCC: First Year French (Fr 103)
- French 4 - LCC: Second Year French (Fr 201)
- French V, Culture and Conversation - LCC: Fr. 202 credit in progress.
- Bachelor's Degree in Romance Languages, French/Spanish, University of Oregon, 1996
- English Assistant, Lycée Beaussier, LaSeyne-sur-mer, France, 1996-1997
- Master's Degree in Education, Emphasis on Second Language Acquisition, University of Oregon, College of Education, 1999.
Email is the most effective and efficient way to contact me: email@example.com